Thursday, October 19, 2006

Postscript on Laughter

When we were on our honeymoon, my James and I stayed at some WONDERFUL B&Bs, Inns, etc. (To the extent I am starting a job in the city on Monday...sigh...because my Bond Grrl trainin' and lawyerin' and such is NOT going to cover that wedding and honeymoon money blues :-) )

Anyway, at one of the B&Bs, we came down, and as you do, we were eating and chatting politely with the folks that were at the Breakfast Table. Well, one of the gals looked at me, and then LOOKED at me. (It felt a little weird.) We were talking about where we had been, what we all had been doing before meeting at that Breakfast Table here at the Sloan Mansion B&B.

When we said we had been down in the Maritimes area of Canada, she looked at her husband and said "I knew it -- were you in Peggy's Cove two days ago?" We smiled and said Yes. Well, I'm tall, so maybe noticeable that way -- but it had been a cold and blustery day, so I probably looked just like everyone else muffled up in jeans, parka hoodie, etc. So I couldn't figure out how she "knew me."

She went on, saying that she and her husband were walking along the main road in Peggy's Cove, and then "she saw another couple standing and taking pictures and having a good time," and the woman's laugh was so "infectious, catching, and attractive" that she actually stopped just to listen to it, and it "made her feel happier the entire day."

Guess who the woman was?

Me.

She said she knew the woman was pretty tall, but that when we sat down and she heard my voice and where we had been -- and then I laughed at one of the other couples' stories -- that "I was that woman."

How about that? I told you that how you talk, walk and laugh is not only important, but can affect those around you. She said she was "happy the rest of the day" just from hearing me laugh.

Get out there, make the world a happier place! Smile with your eyes. Listen. And laugh -- an attractive laugh!

Soli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see a female Bond fan. Check out my presumption of the new flick.
http://sophisticatedarkansan.blogspot.com/2006/10/new-bondjames-bond.html

Solitaire said...

I see that you're curious regarding Daniel Craig -- my friend who is the Post-Production Supervisor says that Craig is hot. He's just finished up the editing and matching the film to the new theme song.

I will be attending the Bond For A Cure premiere in Vegas on MGM/Sony -- looks like it's going to be an ENORMOUS bash. Time to dust off the couture......